Mozart Community Garden is committed to providing a safe environment where neighbors can grow and share produce, and spend time outdoors in our community.
Mozart Community Garden is located on Chicago Housing Authority (CHA) property. We commit to upholding the values of the CHA and the garden’s role as a resource for CHA residents as a community gathering space, a place to garden, and as a source of healthy produce.
The goals and objectives of the Mozart Community Garden are:
- To provide opportunities for neighbors to gather in a beautiful, outdoor space
- To increase awareness of home gardening and offer educational experiences to community members who want to learn more
- To provide hands-on gardening opportunities to children in the neighborhood through the dedicated Children’s Garden space
- To share healthy, fresh produce with community members in need
- To celebrate and preserve open, green space in our city and promote biodiversity by ensuring garden practices support and encourage the presence of pollinators
- To conserve resources by following permaculture design principles